Is the project alive

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum
Dec 11, 2007 at 1:14 PM
Hi,
I could see you recently updated the release package though the source code tree does not seem to have changed since March 07.
Do you still work on this interesting project?
Did you start migrating some old fashion code to modern .Net 2.0 constructs (I understand some bits of it have to remain low level for performance considerations, but as far as I remember, there was plenty of place for refactoring)?
Did you manage to get the persistence medium more robust (At the time I tried, any single exception raised would result in a corrupted medium with no simple way to recover)?
Keep us up to date.
Cheers
Coordinator
Dec 29, 2007 at 5:53 PM
Edited Dec 29, 2007 at 6:00 PM
Hello Jessynoo

I could see you recently updated the release package though the source code tree does not seem to have changed since March 07.

Yes You are right. I have updated binaries and sources only through ZIP package. It is because I have slow connection and VS 2003 works with TFS too slow.

Do you still work on this interesting project?

Yes, I am continue my work. Now I working on V 1.0.300.7

Did you start migrating some old fashion code to modern .Net 2.0 constructs (I understand some bits of it have to remain low level for performance considerations, but as far as I remember, there was plenty of place for refactoring)?

I don't have any plans to refactor code to .NET 2.0 This is because
- I want to support .NET starting from v 1.1
- This .NET 1.1 code and DLLs works fine with .NET 2.0 It is possible to configure runtime version through .config file.
- Changes in MC++ 2.0 was too big and don't easy for refactor. I don't have much time to do this (((

Did you manage to get the persistence medium more robust (At the time I tried, any single exception raised would result in a corrupted medium with no simple way to recover)?

Yes You are absolutelly right about this. This issue is the most challenge that I have. I have plans to make it more robust. Little I have done in the last version. But still it is better to catch all exceptions on the top of stack and then shutdown DB